.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

An account of life at a small sole-charge New Zealand school

Thursday, March 23, 2006



Tarawera Eruption

Hi my name is Alan and I live at Brent’s Hotel at Te Wairewa My Mum works there and I help her after school.
One night I was lying in my bed and I woke from an earthquake. I went down and then there was a boom. Tarrawarra started erupting. Half an hour later the walls stared cracking. So we went McRae’s Hotel but after a but that was started to crack as well. So we went into the newest part of the Hotel. But 10 minutes later that started cracking as well. So we had to go out and try to get to Sophia’s’ place. We had to put pillow over our heads. Otherwise we would full over too much. In the middle of the day it was stool dark. After a while some people came bring as bake to Rotor.
Comments:
Hi Alan
How are things at Matau School? I guess you would have finished swimming now - Brrrr...
Are you playing soccer this year? Is Dad still the coach? He used to coach my son Sean who is now in the 5th form at Stratford High School. He doesn't play soccer anymore but is in the first 15 Rugby team and going to play in Australia in the July holidays.
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?